Thursday, December 5, 2013

Jeju Island

Jeju was one of the places I wanted to visit the most in Korea. I saw it a lot in Dramas I watched back in Mexico and ever since, I've been drawn to the Island. 



This year, I finally had the chance to go for my birthday and I loved it, though I believe my expectations were a bit too high as I didn't find it THAT amazing. And, please, don't get me wrong, I really did like it but maybe I waited too long to go there and instead of going during Summer time, I went when it was already Fall, so it was a bit cold and -very- windy, which isn't the ideal scenario to go to the beach, as you can imagine.





I visited several Beaches; Samyang Blacksand Beach, Hamdeok Seowoohong Beach and Gimnyeong Seongsegi Beach, the latter being my absolute favorite; it's just SO pretty, regardless the weather. I really wanted to take a swim but it was too cold so I just couldn't. I would love to go back when it's warm and give it a second chance.

 

BBQ is very popular in Korea and Jeju is known for its amazing Black Pork BBQ, so I had to try it. I went to Black Pork Street, where there are various BBQ joints and ate a place called Hwaro Hyang, which was very good and, even though the matron didn't speak English, she was very good at explaining things and stuff, which made the service quite satisfactory, not to mention the Black Pork was very good -you can totally tell the difference between that and the regular kind.




All in all, it was a good trip, you know, it's always fun traveling with my sister and getting out of the city even if it's for a little while -it always gives you a(n) -always needed- new sense of freshness.





















No comments:

Post a Comment