Thursday, September 23, 2010

Farewell

Before writing this I spent a couple of minutes struggling between doing this in Spanish or English, well...needless to say I went for the second one; though I am not quite certain why, there is a small suspicion it is due to the fact that I've always found it easier to talk about "difficult" topics in English. As you may imagine, saying farewell is not an easy thing, not for me and particularly not in this situation.

Most of you (if not all) know that I have decided to take a turn in my life, a turn in the direction I've always wanted to go: do Music Photography for a living in London, England. I made this decision a while ago (early this year to be exact) driven mostly by the fact that I was not only exhausted from being a Ship Photographer but I was no longer happy doing so, it wasn't fulfilling anymore; then I thought I am not getting any younger and that it was about time I did something with my life, something more "real", something that actually drove me somewhere, you know what I mean? I certainly hope you do. Why London? Easy. They have the most AMAZING Music Scene in the whole world...(for the type of music I like anyways)!

Anyways, getting through today wasn't easy: it took very long and hard work, hours of despair, sacrifice, months of savings, a (lovely) summer in my hometown and last but not least, a hell of a lot of courage!

As I type, I have to admit I there is a mix of feelings inside of me, there is happiness, excitement, fear, nervousness, sadness, nostalgia, anxiety...*sigh*...lots, lots of feelings! I wanna go already but at the same time I don't want to leave my family and friends as I already got used to them again in the past few months; it's just a hard thing to do for me, especially not knowing what's gonna happen, what the future's holding for me, uncertainty can drive you a bit crazy. I am honestly just hoping for the best and making sure I will do my best and work hard to get what and where I want--I believe remaining positive, believing in myself and trying real hard will lead me through the right way.

Now, I'd like to apologize to those of you who I didn't get a chance to say farewell to. This time there was no party, reunion or anything like that...I figured I wouldn't be able to do it and as we don't know how things are gonna go, I also figure maybe there wasn't even a point; perhaps, I will be seeing you all sooner than you think. Well, still, sorry I didn't get to see some of you--I would of loved to see each and ALL of you. And, on the other hand, thanks to all of you I did get to see, thank you for your time, kind words and love. I seriously LOVE all of you guys and I will miss you terribly!

I will try to keep you posted on what I now call "The London Experience", so stay tuned and if you have any advice, tips, comments, stories, jokes or anything to share, please do so by leaving a comment here, on FB or drop me an email.

So...London Town...here I come!


P.S. Mom: Thank you for EVERYTHING; your support, your love, your guidance, for having me and, of course, for always being there--LOVE YOU TONS!!



2 comments:

  1. you have too many blogs
    Have fun, grandma!

    ReplyDelete
  2. andaleeeeee new layout y toda la cosaa
    wena suerte perritooo!
    por q mama t puso grandma? O_o *weird*
    diviertete muchooooooooooo

    ReplyDelete